Hot on the Heels of the Count Dunkula Nazi Pug case and The Jailing of Tommy Robinson we might give this some pause for thought.
By Gilad Atzmon — gilad.co.uk June 14, 2018
The Jewish Chronicle seems dismayed that the singer-songwriter Alison Chabloz has escaped jail time, at least for the time being. But the message conveyed by Ms. Chabloz’s conviction is devastating for Britain. This kingdom has, in just a short time, become a crude authoritarian state.
The Eylof Östrem Blog is a bastion of Liberal values Harri, if you read the piece you will find that it is very thoughtful and the point he makes is that a particular passage taken from a famous analysis of German acquiescence to the Holocaust demonstrated a process that by degrees closes down freedom of speech and freedom of thought.http://oestrem.com/thingstwice/2013/09/this-machine/
“This Machine . . . “
- The manipulation of democratic institutions by a relatively small group of people in power.
- The level of secrecy, including the passing of secret laws to be used by secret courts.
- The close ties between governmental and corporative interests with huge economic resources. As Mussolini put it: “Fascism should more properly be called corporatism because it is the merger of state and corporate power.”
- The use of police force and judiciary persecution to stifle opposition and critical investigation, e.g. the prosecution of Barrett Brown, Chelsea Manning, and — not yet consummated — Glenn Greenwald and Edward Snowden.
- The percentage of GNP spent on military and police.
- The skilled use of Orwellian Doublespeak.
1 thought on “Gilad Atzmon on the Chabloz Case . Free Speech under attack from the Great Protector Theresa (Cromwell) May.”