Anne Pettifor clarified a Tweet I saw last night which turns out to be a Quote from Stephen Kinnock, that is a good clue to what the Blairites are up too. Kinnock like his Father and so forth is up to his Ears in the EU trough of course.
Factions and there are many. but broadly there are 4.
1. Norway +++ ( arguably not as bad as Chequers .)
2. Canada +++ which is really TTIP by the back door and still a neoliberal.
3. Mays deal Chequers with a beard? ( it did get 196 votes)
4. Leave under WTO rules
5. Cancel Brexit altogether ( The Peoples Vote lot )
1. Is the EU unreformable?
2. Military Unification?
3. Will Trump win in 2020, and How strong are his Neo-Con credentials, there may be moves to oust Bolton apparently, let’s not hold our breath.
4. Bank of England. Carney wants Brexit cancelled really I think, Lord King supports Brexit and WTO, that is where the real decision gets made I think. Along with Military-Industrial Complex factions on the Nato versus EU military Unification question and finally the Obama Moslem Brotherhood faction on MENA policy versus the Neo-Con, Al Queda, Daesh, Whitehelmuts faction.
In full: Jean-Claude Juncker reaction
Quote Message: I take note with regret of the outcome of the vote in the House of Commons this evening. On the EU side, the process of ratification of the withdrawal agreement continues.
I take note with regret of the outcome of the vote in the House of Commons this evening. On the EU side, the process of ratification of the withdrawal agreement continues.
Quote Message: The withdrawal agreement is a fair compromise and the best possible deal. It reduces the damage caused by Brexit for citizens and businesses across Europe. It is the only way to ensure an orderly withdrawal of the United Kingdom from the European Union.
The withdrawal agreement is a fair compromise and the best possible deal. It reduces the damage caused by Brexit for citizens and businesses across Europe. It is the only way to ensure an orderly withdrawal of the United Kingdom from the European Union.
Quote Message: The European Commission, and notably our chief negotiator Michel Barnier, has invested enormous time and effort to negotiate the withdrawal agreement. We have shown creativity and flexibility through-out.
The European Commission and notably our chief negotiator Michel Barnier has invested enormous time and effort to negotiate the withdrawal agreement. We have shown creativity and flexibility throughout.
Quote Message: I, together with President Tusk, have demonstrated goodwill again by offering additional clarifications and reassurances in an exchange of letters with Prime Minister May earlier this week.
I, together with President Tusk, have demonstrated goodwill again by offering additional clarifications and reassurances in an exchange of letters with Prime Minister May earlier this week.
Quote Message: The risk of a disorderly withdrawal of the United Kingdom has increased with this evening’s vote. While we do not want this to happen, the European Commission will continue its contingency work to help ensure the EU is fully prepared. I urge the United Kingdom to clarify its intentions as soon as possible. Time is almost up.
The risk of a disorderly withdrawal of the United Kingdom has increased with this evening’s vote. While we do not want this to happen, the European Commission will continue its contingency work to help ensure the EU is fully prepared. I urge the United Kingdom to clarify its intentions as soon as possible. Time is almost up.
That from Junker, Keep the 39 billions whatever it is and walks, David Davis says Canada +++ has always been on the table. Steve Bakers Group say a Norway option is obviously do-able.https://twitter.com/SteveBakerHW/status/1085275842714976256 This was on BBC news feed I can’t find it there now but have not double and triple checked.
A Better Deal and A Better Future includes the following:
• A commitment to leave the European Union on schedule and as legislated on 29 March 2019;
• A proposal to work concurrently on two strands:
1. To present the EU with a legal text of a new EU/UK trade agreement as offered by
Donald Tusk on 7 March 2018
2. To continue with all preparations to leave the EU on WTO terms on 29 March
• The new Free Trade Plus agreement text should include:
1. Replacement of the backstop, with a fully worked out Irish border protocol based
on an interim FTA and Customs and Trade Facilitation Agreement.
2. A financial settlement linked to progress towards a trade agreement.
3. Mutually beneficial cooperation in areas such as the fight against terrorism,
research, flights, data exchange etc.
4. Leaving the Common Fisheries policy and negotiating reciprocal access.
• WTO preparations to include:
1. Spending a part of the £39bn saved to boost economic growth.
2. Unilaterally guaranteeing EU citizens’ rights to continue to live and work in the UK.
3. Measures to reduce the cost of imported agri-food items.
4. Improving domestic regulation to support competitive markets.
5. Simultaneous discussions with US, India and China as well as rolling over EU
6. Seek to work multilaterally within the WTO on UK trading goals.
The PM wrongly claims it is her deal, no deal or no Brexit. But the EU have been offering us a Canada+++ deal from the very beginning. We must reject the PM’s deal tonight and push for a deal that delivers the referendum result. #BrexitInBrief
I think David Davis should have been PM and not Cameron. The Blairite Centre party COup with Umman et al will reveal its hand they will move against Corbyn, as unlikely as it may seem maybe Corbyn and Davis will ally for the Canada +++ in some way with some sort of
BBC News Channel
Labour MP Stephen Kinnock says he had “constructive talks” with cabinet ministers David Lidington and Michael Gove and the prime minister’s chief of staff Gavin Barwell.
He says he raised the need for the prime minister to take no deal off the table, as well as discussing his preferred option of a Norway-style agreement, which would see a close relationship with the European Union.
He told BBC News: “It’s time for all parties to come together in the national interest.”
This graphic appeared very quickly when the vote was declared.
I suspect the speed with which the BBC graphic has appeared suggests that Blair’s centre party what has been plaguing Corbyn for a few years will try an do a coalition with the lib Dems etc and try and stop Brexit. They will try and get rid of Corbyn I think it’s ging to get very messy.
Some very unlikely coalitions could form in all of this, Will May and Corbyn both buy it as it were and the blairite remainers win out or will Corbyn and the Davis lot get together?
What ever happens we will find out if there are any democrats and patriots left in the house of commons or enough of them to head the EU fanatics off at the pass?
In the light of tonight’s unprecedented Parliamentary humiliation of the Prime Minister, it seems to me – if she really does respect the Constitution – that she has no alternative but to resign. However, the media have declared our current crisis so special, she needn’t do so. This is dangerous tosh. What we have here is a Conservative Party putting its own electoral survival ahead of Britain’s desire for real independence and self-determination. Whatever chaotic anarchy lies ahead, the Constitution must come first. Either she goes now, or the Rule of Law should be declared officially dead.
Two things may have passed you by during today….a day being billed as “the most significant since May 1940” – which was a month not a day – but either way has to be the most hyped billing in history. In May 1940 we faced a deadly enemy of enormous military power…
View original post 883 more words